PVP (polyvinylpyrrolidone) is a water-soluble polymer with film-forming properties. It is widely used in skincare and cosmetics. PVP has many functions including thickening, film-forming and hairstyling.
- Can be used in mascara to help adhere colour to the eyelash.
- For sunscreens and active cosmetics where good skin adhesion is desirable.
- For hair styling.
- For Stabilising emulsions - this can be used as a water based thickener in the same way that xanthan gum or carbomer could be used.
- Gelling agent in toothpaste.
- Film former in gel or clay masks to help with drying and setting.
Manufacturing Conditions: Heat and pH Stable.
Please contact us if you would like to order quantities not listed on our site.