Ingredients: Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate
Vitamin C is one of the most effective and popular antioxidants available today. It has many beneficial uses and is an invaluable ingredient to add when manufacturing your cosmetic products. It works to protect against UV induced cell damage and lipid peroxidation, two of the strongest contributors to the aging process.
Vitamin C is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It's involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the proper functioning of the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
One important action of Vitamin C is that it adds extra protection to the skin on a cellular level by increasing the cell survival rate in the epidermis when exposed to UV rays. Exposure to UV rays can contribute to premature aging and potential skin disorders.
Another unique quality is that it prevents lipid peroxidation. Lipid peroxidation results from free radical damage and also contributes to cell damage and premature aging.
Our Vitamin C provides that added protection and nourishment that your skin deserves.
Solubility: Soluble in oil and stable at high temperatures.
- It has superior absorption qualities.
- It has a lightening effect on the skin and may help reduce the appearance of pigmentation.
- It protects against DNA cell damage induced by UV exposure.
- It prevents lipid peroxidation, and acts as an anti-oxidant.
- As an antioxidant it protects the skin against aging.
- It promotes collagen synthesis and collagen protection.
- It has good solubility in cosmetic oils.
- It is heat stable.
- Mature Skin.
- Areas of pigmentation on the skin.
- Dry skin.
- Sun damaged skin.
Applications: Up to 1% in an oil based products such as creams, face and body preparations, hand & nail creams and treatment masks.
Please contact us if you would like to order quantities not listed on our site.